Education is at the core of all museums and part of our mission. We want The Museum of Bath Stone to provide a unique opportunity for learning about the history and heritage of Combe Down and its stone, together with its place in the building of the Georgian World Heritage City of Bath, to all our visitors.
Learning occurs in many ways, from the formal setting of organised groups such as schools, to the free exploration of informal learning by leisure visitors.
We are still developing exhibitions, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, seminars and relationships / partnerships with professional, educational, cultural, arts and heritage organisations.
The initial audiences we wish to engage in a more formal educational manner are:
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- Colleges and universities
- Historical, heritage and special interest groups
but we also want to make sure that:
- Local families & children
- Local children’s groups such as Scouts, Brownies, Cubs, Beavers
- Local senior citizens
- The local community including social and company groups or clubs
- Domestic tourists
- International tourists
are engaged with The Museum of Bath Stone.